- Sodium Rhodizonate Solution
- 1 plastic pipette
- Disposable plastic cup
- Beaker OR graduated cylinder
1. Measure our 120mL of your sample into a beaker or graduated cylinder.
2. Pour the sample into a paper or plastic cup.
3. Use a dropper to drop 5 drops vinegar into your sample.
4. Use another dropper to drop 5 drops of Sodium Rhodizonate into your sample.
5. This should turn your solution and orangey-brown color.
6. Pink color indicates the presence of lead.
7. Record on our data sheet color and positive or negative.